Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Let me fill you in...

1985:
Born in Boston, MA. Spent a lot of my early life traveling to exotic places. Both my parents were born outside the USA and felt it pivotal to give me a global perspective on the world. 

1993:
At the age of 8 I started sketching women's clothing in secret. Mostly, dresses. I kept my "portfolio" hidden from my family. Looking back-I am not sure why I did this! However shortly after...my Mom found them while she was cleaning my room.  She was very impressed at my work and knew that there was something there...

1999-2007: 
My wonderful Mom started taking me to Florence, Italy to study Fashion at Top Art schools. I was the youngest there by at least 5 to 10 years. Everyone else was there on a study abroad from College, while I had not even entered High School.

2003-2007: 
Made the decision, with much help from my Father, to go to Babson College for UGRAD. I had visited the beloved Fashion schools in NYC but wanted to get a more broad knowledge of the business side of it. I concentrated in Retail Supply Chain Management. 



2007-2009: 
From school, I went to work at TJX Companies in their Buyer Program. I was working in Allocation and Planning for HomeGoods; where I learned a lot about the flow of supply and demand and inventory management. I worked closely with the Buyers to increase profitability of several departments including candles, wall art, stationary and home decor.



2010-2014: 
Was recruited by PUMA North America. For 3 years I was on the Performance Apparel Merchandising team. It was here that I learned a tremendous amount regarding the ins and out of apparel and most importantly-about performance construction, trends, fabrics and benefits. 



Present Day: 
My husband and I sold our Condo in Concord, MA and I Left PUMA. 
Myself, husband and our two toy poodles Louis and Coco moved to Portland,ME. We currently live in the heart of the Arts District... just a block away from Maine College of Art (MECA) and the Portland Art Museum. We are surrounded by amazing restaurants-our current favorite is  BODA, a thai restaurant just across the street.   

Oh yeah-we are also getting our MBA from Bentley University and expect to graduate this summer. 



As of February 2014, I am spending 100% of my time devoted to my new venture...read more of blogs to learn about what is going on in My Life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment